ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What Are You Listening to [regular edition]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

Number of posts : 7271

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 am

Somebody from the MTV site must still come in here. They have Delacroix's Liberty Leading The People as their advert for the return of Gonzo. They've replaced the French flag with a Gonzo flag. The one on the floor with the microphone is brilliant. Creepy Smile That takes it to a new level.

I'm just sticking to the internet in the library for now. I think I used my self-imposed quota up yesterday. I'm putting the extension wire out of reach. It was all parcelled up but I had to plug in again because the internet in the library was down. I went to take the Vincent Van Gogh books back in really. I'm continuing Delacroix's journal now. I had to break off for the Vincent Van Gogh letters. Either they come in here or it's a strange syncronicity.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Muzzle

The Smashing Pumpkins are on MTV on Friday at 11 as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Male
Number of posts : 2738

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:35 am

Drove past a big fire on the way home last night, looked like your part of the world was going up in flames Neutral The traffic was terrible - everyone slowing down to watch. I'm working in Birmingham most of this week but don't want to stay there overnight.

My squirrels come twice a day to remove anything thats on the bird feeder. They refuse to make eye contact with me. Molly makes no attempt to stop them.

The Who - Baba O'Riley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 pm

I think the Danube is at risk for you Sgt Fury.

The house looks great. It looks like new and it looked condemned before. No painter could have done that. He replaced the windowsill on one of the windows. I don't care if I'm google-earthed now.

NIN - Echoplex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:09 am

I thought the Danube was in Germany/Austria but their Hickson Event happened in Hungary which is South of Germany. I thought it was East of Germany. I was breathing in chlorine on Monday morning. I had to go in the garden with a piece of kitchen roll over my nose and mouth. It was gone by 9.30 am. It was because it was misty I think. Usually they donít like the evidence lingering in office hours. Iím not sure what time the Environmental Health department opens. Itís probably not until 9.30. There must be some people keeping tabs on it. The toxic Danube is heading for the Black Sea via Serbia.

I thought Lostprophets were hosting Gonzo. I was looking forward to it. Theyíve got the Delacroix figure with the hat holding his guitar like a gun. In the book Iíve got itís called Liberty Guiding the people. He hasnít mentioned it yet so Iíll see what he calls it.

The Steve Miller Band Ė The Joker
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 am

The Smashing Pumpkins - Drown

I just reminded myself to watch tonight by posting that. 11 pm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:15 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Leading_the_People

Guidant le peuple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:54 am

It doesn't mention it so maybe it's not on. I think I'm mostly talking to myself anyway so I'm not sure it matters.

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:46 pm

I've got a tricolore in my study, might get Helen to re-enact that scene next time we have the Tories knocking on the door. Mr Hague was in town last week. He looks worried these days.

MTV's telly listings are never very helpful. Jim Jones Revue on Jools tonight - might be worth a look.
Steve Milliband, so much better than his brothers.....

System of a Down - Sad Statue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:09 am

I watched Squeeze In Concert but I don't think that's Jools Holland on the keyboards. Not unless he is secretly ginger. I'm going to look them up. Maybe he left before 1982. It does sound like him though.

Squeeze - Cool For Cats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:15 am

There is something about Mark Ronson in New York that looks interesting. I'm going to watch that. That was on Friday as well.

Some black man with a high voice on Jools Holland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:28 am

I'm going to watch that Squeeze concert tonight. So many good tunes in so few years.

Had a bit of a late one last night. Delicate would best describe my condition at the moment Creepy Smile

Carole King - It's Too Late
(Toaster's favourite)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 am

This one was nice ...

Cee Lo Green - Old Fashioned

Ting Tings next week.

The Mark Ronson one was early Saturday morning. He shows you the New York studios. It's called 360 Sessions on Channel 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:40 am

There's a Carole King In Concert one as well but I think it's on quite a lot anyway.

Carole King and Elton John. Maybe they are bring out a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:09 am

I've still got the Eiffel Tower behind my settee. There is nowhere else to put it.

If Alexa Chong doesn't make me laugh within 30 seconds I'm turning over. It will be Queens of Noize all over again.

Ash - Shining Light

Or is it guiding light? I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:46 am

I'll have to wait for Jodie's second opinion but we don't often differ.

She's picked this for one of her favourite videos ...

Good Charlotte - Like It's Her Birthday

(so they say)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:54 pm

They may as well have got Cheryl Cole to do it.

Cake - Short skirt, Long Jacket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Ed Harcourt - Late Night Partner

The wire is definitely going away now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Maybe she's there as bait. I'm not sure I care really.

RATM - Killing In The Name Of

Lost Prophets 50 Stadium Fillers. I just don't get bored with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 am

I didn't like how she treated that drummer girl either.

The Carole King one was when she was a lot younger. James Taylor was playing guitar for her.

Treyc Cohen - One Love

10.10.10. Yorkshire Day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:07 am

This was my favourite Squeeze song ...

Squeeze - Points Of View

I'm impossible
She's exciting
But together we are double writing

Delacroix talks a lot about music. He was best friends with Chopin. He describes a carriage ride (about 3.15 pm Saturday, 7 April 1849) where he asks Chopin about the logic of music. Toaster might like to read his Journal. I know he likes Chopin. There is a long version of his Journal but luckily the Library doesn't have it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 pm

I gave her 30 seconds with Mark Ronson and she didn't make me laugh. She also has anorexic arms. I knew someone who was anorexic and their arms lose muscle just like that. She laughed at something he said but that doesn't count. Something about Lady Gaga. I think she just got giddy when Lady Gaga was mentioned.

Guns 'N Roses - Welcome To The Jungle

This is what Delacroix says about Chopin and Mozart ...

'Friday 13 February, 1850

Called on Princess Marcelline about three o'clock; I was much impressed by the Chopin pieces which she played for me. Nothing commonplace, perfect composition. It would be difficult to find anything more finished. He is nearer to Mozart than anyone and, like Mozart, his melodies run so smoothly as to seem almost inevitable.'

He also approved of the statue on the tomb of Chopin ...

'Clesinger, whom I had met in the street, sent his wife to take me to see his statue for the tomb of Chopin. Rather to my surprise I thought it entirely satisfactory; I feel that I should probably have done something of that kind myself.'

http://ljlmedia.com/gallery/paris%202007/slides/Chopin-1.htm

Maybe it's an angel with a harp. I can't tell. It's nice though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt Fury
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:40 am

We still have all of Toaster's sheet music and books in the study, it's a real Chopin list. He is indeed a fanatic.

I'm spending much of my time travelling at the moment, closing out projects with lots of clients before turning to new challenges. My travelling expenses never looked so impressive - my eyes never looked so tired.

I'll put a request in at the library to get the long version next time I'm passing. Wear a dust mask Creepy Smile

Oasis - Little By Little
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 am

Nooooo. Anyway ... it's just twice as long. Not three volumes.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Thirty-three

I'm watching them all come out. It's great. Creepy Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:51 pm

I saluted Manuel Gonzales as he took his bow, Sgt Fury. A mine rescue worker put the electric in my garage. He was a pit electrician. This town will have been glued.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Rocket

Mision Acomplida.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harmar
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:40 am

Lou Reed - I Wanna Know (The Pit and the Pendulum)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening to [regular edition]   

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening to [regular edition]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next